Mar 16, 2009

MCA... love you MCA love you.

Well, well, well.

I hate to say it, but the MCA's site is no good.

IT makes me sad, because the MCA is SO good. I mean, honestly my favorite place in the city. I don't even really appreciate contemporary art that much. The building, the smell, the feel, the sleek sleek place is so appealing to me.

And then there is the website. I'm not feelin' the blue blocks in the background. I don't know why they're there, as they aren't exactly a great design point... and they definitely don't feel like the museum does. I mean, even the member card for the MCA was fantastically designed!

One thing I have always found comical about this site, is how awesome the MCA Store site is. I mean, totally different, everything is right there for you to see and buy. It's clear, it's great, and it is nothing like the rest of the site.

It's a shame, because the MCA has so much to offer teachers, but you'd have to dig and dig to find it. I am surprised by the lack of design, and with such a rich content (buried away), its difficult to understand why the MCA is hiding it?

1 comment:

  1. You mention the rich content that you have to dig for, molly. how would you make it more accessible? the MCA does have a ton of info, and they need to balance their image with the interface. sounds like you don't think they're doing a very good job. Have you seen the site in its' past incarnations?

    ReplyDelete