Mar 7, 2009

Embarrassing, but tragic.

It is embarrassing to admit that I have a serious passion... for a store. But when Loehmann's got sneaky and emailed me in the middle of the night that my favorite place in the world (The Orland Park store) was closing, I have to say it has shocked me.

I seriously hope that this is the worst post I ever have, but I can't imagine the strain this is going to put on my wallet and wardrobe. Loehmann's is the most fantastic store on earth, if you haven't been there please, PLEASE, go and support them!

I am not joking at all folks, I burst into tears after reading the email. That is true love.

-Molly.

RIP Loehmann's Store # 15830.

3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you, I'd be wrecked too if my favorite stores closed down. But hey, there is still the one on State Street, which IS close to you when you are at school...just make it a point to shop right after class! :P I'll come and get you oriented to a new store, I never pass up shopping. We'll just call it a fieldtrip...or mental health break from thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Take up your cause and champion it! Make flyers (using powerpoint!) Create digitally manipulated propganda in support of Loehmann's! (using photoshop!) Make a logo for your newly formed Support loehmann's group (using illustrator!)

    you'll ride it out, molly. but it's just another sign that times are truly tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd feel the same way if the chicago premium outlets in aurora closed. :( oh, I hope I haven't jinxed it!

    ReplyDelete