Feb 10, 2009

Hyde Park Art Center...

As I am sitting IN the Hyde Park Art Center (obviously well-prepared in doing my hw), I notice that the site does not have quite the same smooth feel of the building.

When you enter the building, the first thing that hit me was the smell of art. It smells like new walls, like people creating something... It has that art-smell I am so fond of.

The site however-- doesn't quite match that art-smell. I appreciate the exhibition schedule being right up front -the first thing I look for in an art-site, what's there! I also like the colored headings, but the gallery and the brightness of the cafe have a much different vibe that I would like to see matched in the website.

I also enjoy the "Get Involved" tab being so open and applicable. That is something that while generally encouraged, is usually hidden.

--Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment