Apr 20, 2009

!?! Next week?? How about now!

Okay, I forgot that I need not just the one but TWO lovely posts for each week.

So I will put up a little piece of the art I am looking at for my thesis....

First up, Laurie Simmons, "The Instant Decorator, Yellow Kitchen"


Check out the interview with Simmons, she discusses her interiors and inspirations. The likes of HGTV and the insane ideals that America dreams of attaining are mentioned... I like her.

Next up, Ida Applebroog -Boots.

I interpret this as a commentary on growing up too quickly, being overpowered by a symbol of beauty; the boots represent being a woman. They are sophisticated boots on a crude little figure. Interesting juxtaposition.



I really don't have anywhere to go with this, I am beginning my lesson plans for thesis, which so far are really not what I had in mind... hope this is a good direction. I'm not worried though, because I only have to present it in its' entirety on Wednesday. That leaves, like, two whole days. Cake!

Good luck, all!

2 comments:

  1. you'll make it, molly. :) i think it's important to remember that you just need to pick a direction to go with for now, and as you continue to think things through, processing your readings, etc. things will likely change. and two days is an eternity!

    ReplyDelete