Apr 20, 2009

CACA... oops CACO

Chicago Artists' Coalition Online

Within a few minutes of navigating the site, I am very aware that I am not a member. That is the one thing most clear, and sort of difficult to review. Even a previous copy of their newsletter (which one might want to PREview before purchasing) is for members only.


I am a litle creeped out at the extreme secrecy... yet intrigued enough to keep digging.

  • I like the layout of the text, the tabs to click are straightforward, and the design looks (surprisingly?) like an artist may have had something to do with it.
  • I am concerned that CAC is too close to CACA for idiots like myself to not make the joke.
  • I like the gallery pages, you can actually SEE those! That's nice. I'm always wondering what those Chicago Artists are up to, and some of these look really strong.
Also, how had I not heard about this until I saw it on the site???? Thanks CACO! I will definitely pencil that in. Oh wait. It's 2008. Disappointed... Missed it...


I guess there's always next (this) year. At any rate, I am sort of in a lunatic mode, with a lot of strange energy I am not sure where to throw, so I am back to thesis. Until next week kids... until next week.
-Molly

2 comments:

  1. It is kind of an exclusive site, isn't it? They provide just enough to tantalize, and though they are a resource for chicago artists, it seems like they could do more by being more accessible. still worth a look, as you seem to have discovered, molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They redesigned their whole look (web and print) a few years ago, and it's a big improvement - like you said, it now looks like artists may have been involved in the design (at least for the top banner - love that!). I wish the design of the calendar page didn't look so "old-school" though. The drop shadow on each of the event boxes is a really dated look.

    ReplyDelete